Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FrankWood FrankWood is offline

Default All €śGeneral€ť values changed to €śDate€ť format

I have a user that has all of her spreadsheets valued suddenly changed from
General to Date format. These spreadsheet have nothing in common except that
they are all used by the same user. She is using Excel 2007 on Windows XP.
I checked the cell styles and €śNormal€ť was set to date rather than General.
I changed it back but she would not have made this change herself.

I checked and there is no file in the XLStart folder in her user directory.

The problem remains now. New Blank Spreadsheets open with the default set
back to €śGeneral€ť and seem to be ok. However, any existing Spreadsheet seems
to have been reset to the default of €śDate€ť format for values.

My question is twofold.

1. How could this have happened *without* her changing the €śnormal€ť style to
date?
2. How can we reformat all of her many spreadsheets that already exist back
to €śGeneral€ť easily as some actually do contain dates as well as normal
'non-date' values. (I dont want to have to open each and every SS and
format cells manually).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Frank Wood