Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ms-Exl-Learner Ms-Exl-Learner is offline

Default Bracket {..} in formulas

You should not add the curly braces manually in front and end of the formula.
This can be done by giving F2 and pressing Cntrl+Shift+Enter. These type of
fomula's are called as Array formula in Excel.

Have a look in the below link for more details.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ArrayFormulas.aspx

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)

"milet" wrote:

I encountered a formula in a spreadsheet which starts and ends with {=...}
these brackets. The formula refers sum (although in reality it is sumproduct)
The brackets are visible in the formula bar, but not in the cell when I
double click it. When I click in the formula bar the brackets disappear and
the formula stops working. It is not possible to copy this back from the
original workbook. When typing it back the formula become ordinary text.
--
milet