Gord Dibben

Where and how will it be inputted by user?

If inputted in H1, use Alan's =IF(A1="","", H1)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:44:03 -0700, BLW wrote:

It's not a text that I already know, it will be inputted by a user, so it
can't be set for a certain text.
Thank you
"Alan" wrote:

If I understand correctly, your formula is OK.
If you want to use a number
IF(A1="","", 1234)
If you want text
IF(A1="","", "Your Text")
To use the value in another cell, say H1
IF(A1="","", H1)
Regards,
Alan.
"BLW" wrote in message
I need help making it where I can input a quantity if another cell has text
in it. I am using the IF function and currently have it set up like this:
IF(A1="","", ????). I need to know what to put in place of the question
marks so that I can input information into that cell when A1 has something
written in it. Thank you