Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sklyn Sklyn is offline

Default How to filter unique entires in a column when differnet entire

Also I am trying to use it from a 2nd sheet.
main data is all on sheet1 and is all visible, on sheet2 each cell is
=Sheet1!$A$1 so that it is a direct copy of sheet 1.
I wish to apply the filters on sheet2, but it sees each cell as a unique
value, sort still works fine just not filter.. is it possible to filter this
way??
basically I want to use sheet1 to add my data to and have sheet2 for someone
else to view only the recent info they want to see, and I want it to update
as I enter new data into sheet1.

"Sklyn" wrote:

Fantastic! thanks and so simple!! I had tried using these functions but
couldn't get it to work , lol..
Now can you help with getting it to auto update when new rows are added??
Cheers

"Lori Miller" wrote:

Maybe try DataSort:
Select Rego# ascending, then by RegoDate descending, and click OK.

Now select Rego# column, DataFilterAdvanced Filter:
Check options Filter the list in Place, unique values, and click OK.

This will show latest RegoDate for each Rego#.
(Do this on a copy of the sheet or add a row identifier to keep original
order.)

"Sklyn" wrote:

Hi, I have multiple entries in column A with different information accross
the row (including dates). i want to filter for only the most recent ones..
e.g.
Rego# RegoDate
123-456 29/09/09
123-456 29/09/08
123-456 29/09/07
789-123 29/09/09
789-123 29/09/08

I only want to see the most recent entry of each Rego#