Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Running MS Query on an Excel Spreadsheet

hi
the guts of Microsoft Query (MSQ) is ODBC and the language behind it is SQL.
it is just conveniently packaged as a MS Wizard ie point and click.
can you say the words "recorded macro"?
tell us more about this "searching keywords is pretty cumbersome" so that
we might better understand what the problem is and perhaps what you are
trying to accomplish?

regards
FSt1

" wrote:

Is it possible to run 2007 excel MS Query on an Excel spreadsheet with
the same results as if you'd run it on an ODBC table like SQL? I have
an export from a data table into an Excel spreadsheet and searching
keywords is pretty cumbersome so I was hoping that MS Query might
yield a better result. TIA