Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to protect a column or columns

By default all cells in a worksheet are locked when sheet protection is
enabled.

It is up to you to decide which are to be locked or unlocked when the sheet
is protected.

FormatCellsProtection is where you would change the "locked" or "unlocked"
status.

Select all cells and unlock them.

Select the cells to be locked and lock them

Then ToolsProtectProtect Sheet.......add a password.

Note the selectable options under "allow users to" when protecting,
specifically allowing inserting rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:56:02 -0700, Clarence
wrote:

I have created a worksheet and want to protect several cells or columns so
that they can only be changed by me. However there are other cells or
columns that I want accessible to other users.

How can this be done or Can it be done?

Thanks