Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mudbug Mudbug is offline

Default Remove spaces phonenumbers

-Don,
I'm sorry, I guess you have to dumb it down for me. The spaces are
different as below.

654 323 4657
844 50 3477
632 62 6630

What is vba? I tried searching the Help Index, but no luck.

Mudbug

"Don Guillett" wrote:

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(F2,"(",""),")"," "),"-","")
Look in the vba help index for REPLACE. Or, do an manual one for ( and for )
and for - while recording.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mudbug" wrote in message

I need the same thing--remove spaces from phone numbers-I removed all the
(
) and dashes. I don't understand the response below. I tried pasting the
below formula in the fx box, but nothing happened. I have Excel 2007.
TIA
Mudbug

"Allllen" wrote:

You don't need VBA
Just use =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
--
Allen

"Tromp" wrote:

Hi! I need the vba-formula to remove the spaces between phone numbers.
999 99 999 99999999
9 999 9999 99999999
99 99 99 99 99999999