Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Average over autofilter results

Please keep in mind, option 1 is going to average hidden rows. 101 ignores
hidden rows.

"QB" wrote:

After some reading, I found out that the first input variable for the
SubTotal() control what type of value is returned (1- average, 9-sum). So
the one function does it all!

QB

"QB" wrote:

I found out instead of using the sum(), I should use the Subtotal() to get
the proper value of a summation over an autofilter result.

That said, I need to get the average of a column which has an autofilter
applied, which function should I use to do this?

Thank you,

QB