Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Average over autofilter results

The same, SUBTOTAL. You just need to change the function number to either 1
or 101. The function number controls what type of operation you are
performing. Whereas
=SUBTOTAL(9,A:A)
means to sum,
=SUBTOTAL(1,A:A)
means to average.

See the XL help file for further details.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"QB" wrote:

I found out instead of using the sum(), I should use the Subtotal() to get
the proper value of a summation over an autofilter result.

That said, I need to get the average of a column which has an autofilter
applied, which function should I use to do this?

Thank you,

QB