Zack Barresse

When you close out of an Excel spreadsheet, I'm assuming you are referring
to closing just the workbook. If you close this, the Application itself
will still be open. Now on the other hand, if you close the Application, it
will prompt you (for each unsaved {state} workbook) to save; once that is
done, all workbooks AND the Application will close - barring a Cancel has
not been pressed at any point in this process.

Is this what you are talking about?

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"still learning" <still wrote in message
When I close out of an excel spreadsheet, the blank microsoft excel page
stays open, which forces me to go to file, close, to close out of it. What
can I do to get rid of this?