Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default How to filter unique entires in a column when differnet entires in

1. Select the range in Col A including the header. You need to have headers
for the column
2. From menu DataFilterAdvanced FilterCopy to another location
3. In copy to I have selected G1 and check 'Unique records only'
4. Click OK will give you the unique list of reg number in ColG.
6. In H2 apply the below formula and copy down as required

=MAX(IF($A$2:$A$100=G2,$B$2:$B$100))

Please note that this is an array formula. An array formula can perform
multiple calculations and then return either a single result or multiple
results. Array formulas act on two or more sets of values known as array
arguments. Each array argument must have the same number of rows and columns.
You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas,
except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in
'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly braces at both ends like "{=<formula}"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Sklyn" wrote:

Hi, I have multiple entries in column A with different information accross
the row (including dates). i want to filter for only the most recent ones..
e.g.
Rego# RegoDate
123-456 29/09/09
123-456 29/09/08
123-456 29/09/07
789-123 29/09/09
789-123 29/09/08

I only want to see the most recent entry of each Rego#