Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Personal macro csv file

Macros live in excel workbooks--not CSV files.

So if you want the recipient to be able to use your macro, you could create a
separate workbook that contains that macro that processes the CSV data.

Then send both the workbook and the .csv file to the recipient. (Maybe just the
macro workbook one time and tell them to save it and re-open it when they need
it.)

Then tell them to open the workbook with the macro (and depending on what your
macro does), then tell them to save/open the csv file and run the macro
(tools|macro|macros...|run in xl2003 menus).

"BNT1 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi

I have recorded a personal macro, with a short cut key in excel. When I am
sent an e-mail with attachment, the attachment .csv file. I open the file on
the attachment, but the short cut key does not run the macro, unless, i copy
and paste into an excel doc

is it possible to get around having to copy and paste?

regards

Brian

Dave Peterson