Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChrisR ChrisR is offline

Default Refer to ActiveCell

Thanks a million. That does it.

Chris

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If all you want is Z100 to return the activecell contents

Sub test()
Range("Z100) = ActiveCell.Value
End Sub

Gord

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:04:01 -0700, ChrisR
wrote:

Homey suggested - I think -

Sub ActiveCell()
'
' ActiveCell Macro
' Macro recorded 28/09/2009 by Sheffield City Council
'

address of active cell at calc: =CELL("address")

contents: =INDIRECT(CELL("address"))

End Sub

But as a Macro this doesn't do anything except generate an error - "Compile
error Syntax error". I want it to paste the contents or reference of
ActiveCell into Z100, whenever I recalc (or when I run a Macro?)

Sorry to be naiive.

Chris

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

And the code is..............?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:19:06 -0700, ChrisR
wrote:

I want a given cell eg z100 to constantly - or at each recalculation - to
hold the contents - or reference - of ActiveCell (so a text box can highlight
it.). My code does it but only once at each run of the module, then it sticks
or throws an error.