Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike T[_2_] Mike T[_2_] is offline

Default Need help randomly sorting cells

I am fairly new to Excel and am using 2007. I have a block of words with all
words being in separate cells which are A6 to I16. I need to perform a random
sort to rearrange these cells (words) so that no two words are located in the
same cells after each sort. I have tried using the RAND() function, but that
will only sort rows, so that each row contains the same words.

I need to randomly sort by column then by row. I would think that this would
be a fairly simple task and that others have asked how to do this exact same
thing, but I am not finding any answers.

I would like to do this without using macros as this is for a 1st grade
class and we are blocked from running macros. If you need more clarification,
I would be glad to provide it.

Thanks to all. Your help is greatly appriciated.