JMB

If both tables have the same column headers you could use the MATCH function
to specify the column number VLOOKUP should return.

"KG" wrote:

I have a 10 year discounted cash flow schedule where the discount factor is a
variable chosen by the workbook user. I have also set up a discount factor
table so that the appropriate discounting factors can be inserted under each
column.

The formula for year 1 (=Column 1) of the cash flow schedule is:
=VLOOKUP($C$27,$C$63:$N$82,2)
I copied the formula across the row and then manually changed the 3rd
argument of the formula to 3, 4, 5 and so on. This was not a huge editing job
but, in anticipation of future schedules with 20 columns, I'm wondering if
there is a better way to write this formula, eliminating the need for manual
edits.