Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Entering HH:MM

Did you place Don's code in the sheet module as directed?

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert this

Are you entering 1300 in a cell in column E? Any other column will not
trigger the event.

If Target.Column < 5 Then Exit Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:01:02 -0700, JB Bates
wrote:

Hi Don

I am trying to do this same thing in windows Vista and when I do what you
directed it does not work. If I enter 1300 in the cell it displays as 0000
and the formula lines shows "7/23/1903 12:00:00 AM" any thoughts?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Glad to help

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Carole O" wrote in message

PERFECT!!

Thank you so much, Don!!

CaroleO
"Don Guillett" wrote:

Preformat the column as time and try this.
Right click sheet tabview codeinsert this

If Target.Column < 5 Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target = Left(Target, 2) & ":" & Right(Target, 2)
Application.EnableEvents = True

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Carole O" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a co-worker who enters time on a spreadsheet. She would like to
have
the time cells fomatted so when she enters 1456 it appears in the cell
as
14:56. This doesn't work when I format, cell, time, 13:30. I've
looked
at
format, cell, special (which would be a logical place to put something
like
this), to no avail.

TIA
CaroleO