Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default How to automatically set print area in Excel template?

JCMII wrote:
I have created a BOM template. It is used by another program to create an
Excel spreadsheet BOM. The first column is an "Item" number column. There is
a formula in that column to automatically number every row that has an item
in it: =IF(B4="","",ROW()-2). I formatted 1000 rows so any BOM can fit. My
problem is that if you don't " set the Print Area before you print, you get
the 1000 lines printed. I would like to use my Item number technique to also
set the print area automatically when the BOM is created using the template.
Does anyone know how this might be accomplished? Thansk for the help.

Try this for Print_Area definition in the Define Name dialog:

=INDIRECT("A1:F"&COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,"0"))

Adjust the ":F" to reference the rightmost used column in your sheet.