Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Cross country spreedsheet

So if I understand you the idea is to put all of the participants into one
master sheet at the start prior to the race. This master would include the
name, school and number.

At the end of the race or as it is finishing up you woul like to type in the
runner number and their position and it will automatically bring up their
name and school.

Assuming that to be the case do a bit of reasearch on the VLookup function.
It should do what you are asking...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"will gerrish" wrote:

Hi All,
bit of a strange request but im seeing if anyone's ever done anything like
this or seen something like it on the internet?

Basically, I need a spread sheet that I can input the runners number, name
and school beforehand and then as they run through the finish line, I just
need to put their race number in and the order of their position and their
name and school will automatically come up.

has anyone seen anything like this? or got any ideas of how to go about it?
any help would be great.
thanks
Will