Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Edward[_4_] Edward[_4_] is offline

Default Ensure data entered where required - how, please?

I'm not an Excel expert so please be gentle with me.

I've been asked to design a form to enter data that will later be used
in a SQL Server DTS package to populate a database.

I've restricted the worksheet to only certain cells, and used drop-
down lists where possible. What I really want to do is to try to
ensure that users enter ALL required data - i.e. if they enter data on
a row they put something in all the required columns.

I could use a button and VBA to achieve this, but I think the client
would rather I didn't (for security reasons: the worksheet will be
circulated to many hundreds of employees). Can anyone think of any
nifty tricks to ensure data is entered where required?

Many thanks

Edward