Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Concatenate maximum number of parameters

If you used the CONCATENATE function then there's a limit to the number of
arguments which is Excel version dependent. Excel 2007 = 255 arguments, all
other versions = 30 arguments.

You don't need to use the CONCATENATE function. You can use the & operator
to concatenate.

=Sheet1!A1&", "&Sheet2!B20&", "&Sheet5!X101

Using this method you're only limited by the allowable max length for a
formula which, again, is version dependent. Excel 2007 = 8192 characters,
all other versions = 1024 characters.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jorge E. Jaramillo" wrote in
message ...
I need to consolidate the results of all the sheets of a workbook in a
final
sheet. For this I use the concatenate function. To try to organize the
results, I added a comma in between each value (",",) but since the
formula
requires the name of each tab and cell and some of the names of the tabs
are
kind of long, I am getting an error message about entering too many
parameters. My workaround was to remove some of the commas at the end of
the
formula, and the formula works now this way, but now the results look
difficult to understand.

Could someone please tell me what the limit of parameters is and if is
there
a way to solve this?

Jorge E Jaramillo