Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jambruins Jambruins is offline

Default Removing rows not wanted...

I can do this but the sheet is going to be updated every week and I was
hoping to have something automated so I wouldn't have to do this every week.
This will work though if nobody knows a formula to do this. Thanks.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Apply a filter and sort the data Z to A which will put the blanks at the
bottom and copy and paste the top rows.

Mike

"Jambruins" wrote:

In column A I have a bunch of team names. I column G there is either the
word "PLAY" or it is empty. On a seperate sheet I would like to have all the
teams with the word "PLAY" in the corresponding G cell to be listed. For
example:

Cell A3 has Missouri in it but cell G3 is empty
Cell A5 has Wake Forest in it and cell G5 has "PLAY" in it.
Cell A7 has Illinois in it but cell G7 is empty
Cell A9 has Minnesota in it and cell G9 has "PLAY" in it.

I would like my new sheet to show
Wake Forest
Minnesota

I don't want the sheet to have empty rows like

Wake Forest

Minnesota

Thanks for the help.