Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don[_4_] Don[_4_] is offline

Default Copy contents from one cell to another

Is there some Function that will move the contents of one cell to another?
I want to copy data from a static cell to another cell based on the value in
the contents of another cell.

For instance, I have a list of names in Alphabetical order in column 'A'.

I have a list of whole numbers from 1 to 50 in column 'B'. The numbers in
column 'B' will change order randomly when I recalculate (F9). I want to
use this number to reference the cell in column 'A' and copy that name to
column 'C', starting at 1 and work thru 50, thus jumbling the names.

If the 1st number in column 'B' is 20, I would take the 20th name in column
'A' and copy it to the first cell in column 'C'. and so on down the line.

Any help I could get, I would appreciate - Thanks.

Don D.