Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rlo rlo is offline

Default How to get additional information

Dave,

Thanks... your formula will get me the highest temperature of the person of
a specified date in E2. What I need is the following: Find out the hour of
the highest temperature of the person every day. For example, I need a report
that shows:

Day 1, Hour 4, the person's temperature in Hour 4 of Day 1 that is the max
temperature of the person on Day 1

Day 2, Hour 12, the person's temperature in Hour 12 of Day 2 that is the max
temperature of the person on Day 2

Any thoughts? Will Pivot table do it?
I can create a Pivot table to show

Day 1, Highest temperature xx1
Day 2, Highest temperature xx2

Ron

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't think that a pivottable will give you the info you want.

But you could use a formula.

Say your data is in A2:C500

And you put the date that you want to find in E1.

Then you can put this array formula in E2:

=MAX((A2:A500=E1)*(C2:C500))

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can only use the whole column in xl2007.

You could also use a formula like:
=MAX(IF(A2:A500=E1,C2:C500))
(still an array formula -- ctrl-shift-enter)

rlo wrote:

I have an application that requiers excel to find out for me the hour of the
max temperature of a person in a given day. The person's temperature is
recorded in the following way in Excel:
Columns: 1 2 3
Day Hour Temperature

I want to use Pivot table and I can get the Max tempreature of the person on
all the days; however, I don't know to use Pivot table to get the Hour of the
highest temperature. A simple request... can anyone help?

--

Dave Peterson