Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd ODell Todd ODell is offline

Default Freeze multiple rows/columns in Excel 2007

Seems you can select a given column or row and click the Freeze Pane. I was able to just select a cell and then the Freeze Pane as well for the two axis. Hope this helps.

Todd

SeanNelso wrote:

Freeze multiple rows/columns in Excel 2007
15-Jan-09

I want to freeze the top three rows and left four columns of a workbook.

In Excel 2003 I could place the cursor at R4C5 and use "freeze panes" to do
this. Workbooks created in this version display with the proper rows and
columns frozen in Excel 2007.

But in Excel 2007, I can only freeze the topmost row or the leftmost column
using the "View" tab and the "Freeze Pane" drop-down button. What's worse,
when I use "Freeze Top Row", any frozen columns are UNfrozen, and vice versa.

I found a sneaky way to freeze multiple columns by hiding columns - for
example to free the left four columns I hide columns A-C, freeze column D,
then unhide columns A-C. But I still can't get both multiple rows and
columns frozen because when I free one the others unfreeze.

What the heck am I missing?

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-view-vi.aspx