Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ms-Exl-Learner Ms-Exl-Learner is offline

Default Conditional formatting problem - MS' definition of "between"

You're Welcome!

--------------------
(MS-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Elardus" wrote:

Thanks. This worked as well. I'll evidently have to get used to using
formuale instead of the easier (but sometimes unreliable) "Format only cells
that contain" option.

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

Try this...

For shading the cells which is having the values between 0 to 3 Try this.
=IF(A1="","",AND(A1=0,A1<=3))

Place the cursor in A1 and select the Range (Active Cell Should Be A1)

1) Go to Conditional formatting and select €śNew Rule€ť and select €śUse a
Formula to determine which cells to format€ť
2) Paste the formula in €śFormat Values Where this formula is true€ť field
3) Click Format Button and set your desired Font & Background Color and
give ok.

You can change the Formula refence A1 cell to your desired cell, but note
that while creating the conditional formatting the cursor should be in the
active cell as per the formula.

(Ex. here A1 is the Active cell so you have to place the cursor in A1 and
after that you have to select the Entire A column)

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(MS-Exl-Learner)

"Elardus" wrote:

In my mind , the notion "between" should mean that the limits used to define
"between" should not be part of the resulting answer. Seemingly not so with
Excel 2007 conditional formatting though - When I add a rule to highlight
values between say 0 and 3, I was hoping not to see the values 0 and 3
highlighted....

How do I solve this without reverting to unsatisfactory "between" limits of
something like 0.00001 and 2.99999 .....?