Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deb Deb is offline

Default When I link blank cell in one sheet registers as 0 for averagi

Thanks Pete! That worked for me as well working with a workbook from sheet
to sheet. Now I need to do the same concept, but from different workbooks
into one sheet. Is this possible?

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Instead of a straight link, use something like this:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

This will return a blank if A1 in Sheet1 is blank, and blanks will be
ignored by your AVERAGE formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 23, 12:50 am, DickS wrote:
When I link a blank cell in sheet one to another sheet (two) it treats that
cell in sheet two as if it has a 0 in it when calculating an average. No 0
shows in the cell and it does not matter if I check or uncheck the "show a 0
in cells that have a 0 value" advanced option