Bernie Deitrick

If your Audience rows can be anywhere below row 20, then you could try
something like this:

Sub IfStatement2()
Dim myList As Variant
Dim i As Long
myList = Array("Fred", "Sue", "Tim", "Tom")
For i = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row To 21 Step -1
If Not IsError(Application.Match(Range("A" & i).Value, myList)) Then
Range("A" & i).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next i
End Sub

Note that the line
myList = Array("Fred", "Sue", "Tim", "Tom")
should be modified to include those values that indicate that the row is an
"Audience" row.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"username" wrote in message

I have a button where Users can click to create new rows to specify
'Audiences' for a communication. When they click the button a new
Audience row with a cell with a drop down in appears each time. However
when I want to 'Reset' the worksheet I only want there to be one
Audience row remaining.

I guess I need to check the cell to see if there is a list item in it
and if so delete the row that the cell is in.

I have:

Sub IfStatement()
If Range("A20") = List Then Rows("20:20").Select & Selection.Delete
& Shift:=xlUp
End Sub

But I get compile errors - probably because I have the wrong syntax.
I'm not massively technical so can anyone help out on my syntax at all
please?

Thank you very much.

--
username