Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Using a variable row hieght in Excel

You could use a macro:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myAdjustment As Double
Dim myRow As Range

myAdjustment = 12

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
With .UsedRange
.Rows.AutoFit
For Each myRow In .Rows
myRow.RowHeight = myRow.RowHeight + myAdjustment
Next myRow
End With
End With

End Sub

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

jerrybdot wrote:

Auto Row Height puts the row lines too close to the text. I would like to
have "Auto Height + 12pts" or something like that, so the text and the lines
are not so cluttered together. Something like we can already do in paragraph
settings in Word.

Details: Each row has a different number of lines of text.

I don't want to manually adjust each row (which is what I am doing now),
since there will be more text added to the document as time goes on.

I am using Ariel 10pt and it must stay Ariel 10pt.

Thank you for any suggestions! Jerrybdot

--

Dave Peterson