Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default problem when opening/closing worksheets

XL4 macro sheets can get hidden in ways that are not necessarily easy to find
IIRC. Here is some code that will unhide them if they exist...

Public Sub UnHideExcel4Worksheet()
Dim wks As Object

For Each wks In Application.Excel4MacroSheets
wks.Visible = xlSheetVisible
Next wks
Set wks = Nothing
End Sub

Paste this code anywhere the workbook and run it...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

The .xlm files are the old macro workbooks (pre xl95, but still work in later
versions (not sure about xl2007).)

If you're using xl2003 menus, try:
Format|Sheet|Unhide

It sounds like you may have an old macro sheet that calls this external macro.

Tracy wrote:

I always get this message when opening/closing this particular worksheet at
work:

Cannot find 'C:\XLAPPS\REPORTING\REPORTING.xlm'!modReporting.A uto_Close,
which has been assigned to run each time [Financial
Statements.xls]xlsMacroData is closed. Continuing could cause errors.
Cancel closing [Financial Statements.xls]xlsMacroData?

I just click on "NO" button and the worksheet works fine. I looked "Tools -
Macro" and there are no macros listed.

It is annoying to see this message every time. So would like to know how to
get rid of it. I am using Excel 2003.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson