Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default problem when opening/closing worksheets

The .xlm files are the old macro workbooks (pre xl95, but still work in later
versions (not sure about xl2007).)

If you're using xl2003 menus, try:
Format|Sheet|Unhide

It sounds like you may have an old macro sheet that calls this external macro.

Tracy wrote:

I always get this message when opening/closing this particular worksheet at
work:

Cannot find 'C:\XLAPPS\REPORTING\REPORTING.xlm'!modReporting.A uto_Close,
which has been assigned to run each time [Financial
Statements.xls]xlsMacroData is closed. Continuing could cause errors.
Cancel closing [Financial Statements.xls]xlsMacroData?

I just click on "NO" button and the worksheet works fine. I looked "Tools -
Macro" and there are no macros listed.

It is annoying to see this message every time. So would like to know how to
get rid of it. I am using Excel 2003.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson