JulieD

Hi

you'll need to check that tools / options / view / formulas is unticked
if that is unticked, the cell that you've got your formula in might be
formatted as text
- to fix, select a blank cell (maybe on another worksheet) and copy it
select where you want your formulas to go and choose edit / paste special
and add
then if you have lots of formulas that you want to calculate select the
relevant range and choose
edit / replace
type an
=
in both boxes and press REPLACE ALL.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Luther Gunter Jr." wrote in message
I have a table of several text values such as "12-1", "12-3", etc and was
trying to run Index on it , however I was unable to get a value. All it
does is return the formula when I hit enter.

Any help will be appreciated.