Pank (never old to learn)

I asked the same question some time ago and was pointed an Add-in

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Alternatively,

found this code from an old post by Earl Kiosterud - which seems to do what
you require
---------

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
Static Roww As Integer
Static NotFirstTime As Boolean
Application.EnableEvents = False
If NotFirstTime Then ' remove color fill from prior row
Range(Cells(Roww, 1), Cells(Roww, 10)).Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Else
NotFirstTime = True
End If
Range(Cells(Target.Row, 1), Cells(Target.Row, 10)).Select
Roww = Selection.Row ' save current row for uncoloring when row exited
Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 ' color current row
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

to utilise the code, right mouse click on the sheet tab of the sheet you
want to use this in - choose view code - and copy & paste the code in there
use alt & f11 to switch back to the sheet and try it

Regards

HTH - Pank

"C Ambrose" wrote:

Hi all,

How do I change the default on the cursor display in an active cell? I would
like to colour the cursor border of make it blink.......any ideas!