BAZZA

Default different currencies

i have three columns
column a date
column b product
coulmn c amount
I want to enter an amount in coulmn c e.g. 5-00 against product for say book
from column b and I would like it to appear as USD $5-00. I know I can go to
format currency and symbol for this entry but on the next line I want to
enter another product say marker and the amount 2-00 but it may be in Euro
Currency and I do not want to go to format/currency/symbol on each entry.
Is there a formula I could enter that wouyld automatically enter the
currency symbol and text e.g.USD $,EURO ‚¬,AUD $,GBP £, NZD $,CAD $.
I have enetred a vlookup table in sheet for product and currency but when i
enter the amount it knocks out the formula.
I cannot use conditional formatting as it is a shared worksheet.
Hope you can help.
Thank you