Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default vlookup for client list

You can try this formula in the left top cell and copy down/across as
required..
=VLOOKUP(lookupvalue,B:K,COLUMN(A2),0)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"xololady" wrote:

Is it possible to fill in several columns at the same time with different
info, like name, birthdate, sex, etc? If not Vlookup, is there another
formula? I think Vlookup is only useful for one column of info.

"Stefi" wrote:

Maybe you didn't specify the right tabla array or Col_index_num. E.g. if you
have Id + 2 columns of data in columns A:C of Sheet2 then
=VLOOKUP(A2;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE)
returns value from column B,
=VLOOKUP(A2;Sheet2!A:C;3;FALSE)
returns value from column C.
Regards,
Stefi

€žxololady€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I am working on a billing spreadsheet. Each client has a client ID plus
other details over 11 columns. I created client list with their specific
info. When I try to use a VLOOKUP formula on new worksheet, I can only get
client ID and name (first 2 columns) without the other columns. I want to be
able to type client id number and have the rest of the info automatically
fill in the row. Please tell me what I am missing.

Thank you, Karen