Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
xololady xololady is offline

Default vlookup for client list

Is it possible to fill in several columns at the same time with different
info, like name, birthdate, sex, etc? If not Vlookup, is there another
formula? I think Vlookup is only useful for one column of info.

"Stefi" wrote:

Maybe you didn't specify the right tabla array or Col_index_num. E.g. if you
have Id + 2 columns of data in columns A:C of Sheet2 then
=VLOOKUP(A2;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE)
returns value from column B,
=VLOOKUP(A2;Sheet2!A:C;3;FALSE)
returns value from column C.
Regards,
Stefi

€žxololady€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I am working on a billing spreadsheet. Each client has a client ID plus
other details over 11 columns. I created client list with their specific
info. When I try to use a VLOOKUP formula on new worksheet, I can only get
client ID and name (first 2 columns) without the other columns. I want to be
able to type client id number and have the rest of the info automatically
fill in the row. Please tell me what I am missing.

Thank you, Karen