Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rich DeVito Rich DeVito is offline

Default count array for top three entries and return their number

I am trying to solve a scoring problem for a car show.

In a spread sheet we will have entry number of cars running across columns
that represent individual 1st place choices. Without filtering and resorting
the data (no time at the car show) I need to dynamically determine the top
three entires and return the number of times they show up. I.E if these are
the car entry numbers in their respective columns.

1 2 1 3 2 4 2 4 1 1 1 4 2

Should return
1 5
2 4
4 3
I don't even need the second number (number of votes, but we probably need
it to verify the formula is working).

Thanks!!