Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trip_to_tokyo[_2_] trip_to_tokyo[_2_] is offline

Default Headings for Sum in Pivot Table.

Hi Hemant, I am not 100% sure what your question is as you seem to contract
yourself when you say:-

"Is there any facility to design the column heading without the words"Sum
of" & retain the original headings in the pivot table. "

You can certainly overwrite the column headings in the Pivot Table by
clicking in the Column Heading field and replacing it with something else.

For example you could replace your Sum of Gross with the letter B.

Not sure if this answers your question though.

Thanks.

"Hemant" wrote:

Month Gross Consumble Custom Clearing Battery
Apr-05 3187 3187 0 0 0
Apr-05 44779 0 300 44479 0
May-05 18900 0 18900 0 0
May-05 13087 0 0 0 13087
Jun-05 9900 0 0 0 9900
Jun-05 29856 0 29856 0 0

If I Insert Pivot table & select Month as Row label & Select Gross,
Consumables, Custom etc as sum Values, the column heading shows "Sum of
Gross", "Sum of Consumables". Is there any facility to design the column
heading without the words"Sum of" & retain the original headings in the pivot
table. This will help me to copy the pivot table values.?