Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John John is offline

Default Averaging only populated cells

i take that back. your right. i was putting 0 in it. i just need to leave it
blank. t

thanks

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

Looks like you are free to drag, per Help on AVERGE.

a.. If an array or reference argument contains text, logical values, or
empty cells, those values are ignored; however, cells with the value zero
are included.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"John" wrote in message
I'm averaging cells that aren't next to each other, but i don't want the
average to include cells that aren't populated.

=AVERAGE(F4:F6,F10,F14,F18,F21)
F4- 5
F6- 5
F10-
F 14- 5

AVERAGE = 3.75

for example, its possible that, let say, F10 has no quantitiy, i don't
want
that to drag my average down. I want the results in the example above to
average = 5