Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default lookup help

Do you only want to see Chicago details on Sheet2, or might you want
to have it more flexible ? i.e. select the location from a drop-down
in a cell in Sheet2, and then have the sheet display the appropriate
data.

Pete

On Sep 18, 8:00*pm, savbci wrote:
in Sheet 1 i have the following columns:
Date/course/Location
the table including headers is from A1:C300

In Sheet 2 I want to extract the 'Chicago' Locations and have a similar
table with only Chicago values that are in Sheet 1.

ie.
Sheet 1:
Date/Course/Location
March 1/Math/Toronto
April 15/Science/Chicago
April 20/Biology/Pittsburg
June 3/Chemistry/Chicago

Result I want to achieve in Sheet 2:
Date/Course/Location
April 15/Science/Chicago
June 3/Chemistry/Chicago

It was suggested I use auto filter and cut and paste - however I want this
sheet to be constantly updated as people add in more info on sheet 1. thanks.