Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DebbieSue DebbieSue is offline

Default Automatic Launch Stopped Working

I don't think it was anything you did. We just upgraded to 2007 and I'm
having the same problem. I didn't change anything either. Our IT dept is
looking into it. I want 2003 back. I hate 2007.

"jscott" wrote:

Thank you FSt1 for the response. It enabled me to find "ignore other
applications" and it was unchecked. Unfortunately I still have the problem
that double clicking a file opens Excel but not the workbook. Clicking again
on the excel box at the bottom of the screen does open the workbook. I don't
know what I did to cause this change, but I'd like to undo it. Any
suggestions?

Office 2007

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
yes it does. it's just that with 2007, they scattered all of the items on
the tools menu.
see these sites
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
toolsoptions is now located office buttonexcel options

regards
FSt1
"jscott" wrote:

I have read the previous queries about Excel opening when file is double
clicked but not the workbook, along with the recommendation to "uncheck
'ignore other applications'". I am running Excel 2007 and it doesn't seem to
have a "tools"option. Can anyone help me?

Windows XP Media Edition
Office 2007