Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Alpha with numeric and numeric only numbers in a column

It looks to me like you entered the formula in b2, but kept the a1 reference
in the formula.

Responders don't know what cell addresses to use, unless you tell them
specifically where your data is. If you don't identify the location, then
they can only show a sample, and typically use a1. Change the a1 in the
formula to the correct address of the first cell you want to check (likely
a2). Then copy it down.

Regards,
Fred.

"rciolkosz" wrote in message
Tik Num Num Only
rc65789876 0
dl987898
768765544 987898
234876
234876

It returned above. It appears it only did every other line.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

=LOOKUP(99^99,--("0"&MID(A1,MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},A1&"0 123456789")),ROW($1:$10000))))

All 1 line drag down as required

Mike

"rciolkosz" wrote:

I have a column with 2 alpha letters leading numbers and also numbers
only in
the same column. I want to put all records in a new column without any
alpha. How would I do that?

Example:

ar3456789
bt56789