Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Adding Hours & Minutes

Everything looks correct. What is your formula returning? Is it returning a
zero, or just some number that doesn't agree with what you think it should be?

Possible problems:
Are your formulas, for some reason, returning a text value thus causing SUM
to = 0?

What are the floating 5's in your example for?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Tina" wrote:

I am adding a large column of hours and need a total for the end of the
month.

0:00
0:00 5
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00 5
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
0:00
00:00
I have formulas in the cells above to calculate the number of hours when an
employee enters their time.

I can't get it to give me a correct value of the hours and minutes. This is
what my formula looks like: =SUM(E12:E37)

The cell is formatted to this: [hh]:mm