Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lauried Lauried is offline

Default Subtotals

When using the subtotal function Excel is excluding my first line of data as
if it is using it as the column headings. I have column headings. I have
tried having the curser in a cell that contains a heading prior to starting
the subtotal, I have inserted blank rows above the column heading row,
nothing seems to work and there isn't a place to tell Excel what row contains
the column headings. My column headings are in row 1 and my data begins in
row 2. There are no blank rows or columns and 687 rows of data. Any advice
what to do now?