Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Josh Thompson Josh Thompson is offline

Default Calculating a Formula Subject to a Maximum and Minimum Value

Great! Thanks a bunch! One other question... What if I needed to make the returned value subject to the min or max only if the product is greater than 0? For example, if cell A10 contained a 0, then when A10 is multiplied by B2 the product would be 0. Under the current formula the minimum is returned. Can I have the formula set up so that the returned value is 0? This would need to happen only if the product is 0 - If the product is greater than 0 but less than the minimum, the minimum would need to be returned.

Also, I am not sure where to click yes - If you could point me in the right direction, I would be happy to do so.

Posted as a reply to:

Calculating a Formula Subject to a Maximum and Minimum Value

Formula in B6:

=MIN(B$2,MAX(B$3,A6*B$1))
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Josh Thompson" wrote:

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx