Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Colleen10 Colleen10 is offline

Default FINDING SIMILAR RECORDS BETWEEN 2 SPREADSHEETS

Thanks but I'm confused by your range of C2:G20. I realize this is an
example only so let me try and simplify...in my original spreadsheet (called
BRP MFG BILLING), column A, I have the invoices that end in R, in my other
spreadsheet (called GE CAD Mar(1)) , in column A I have the invoices not
ending in R. I want to insert my forumla in column B in the 2nd spreadsheet
beside the invoices without the R.
so would my formula be:

VLOOKUP('[BRP MFG BILLING.xls]Report1'!$A:$A&"R",A:A,1,FALSE)

is returning no matches.

"Burke" wrote:

On Sep 17, 2:02 pm, Colleen10
wrote:
I have one spreadsheet that shows the original invoice # of 003567457A and
new version spreadsheet that shows the new invoice is now 003567457AR. I'm
trying to find a formula like vlookup that will match the newer version
invoice with the older version invoice because it is "similar"

Assuming the invoice # is in A1 in the original and the new invoice is
in a table in C2:G20 and you want the value of the 3rd column

vlookup(A1&"R",C2:G20,3,false)

Burke