Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MichaelRobert MichaelRobert is offline

Default Using Validation Ref # within LOOKUP

I have just realized I made a dumb posting. I withdraw my question and
apologize for wasting your time.

I misread the Error Message 'Validation!#REF#', and thought it was part of
the code ...

Mike

"MichaelRobert" wrote:

How can I use the Validation Ref # to describe the cell contents to be
'looked up'

My LOOKUP formula is:

=IF(B7="Gray",LOOKUP(B17,Accessories!A22:C24,Acces sories!B22:B24),LOOKUP(B17,Accessories!A22:C24,Acc essories!C22:C24)) [CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER]

B17 contains a text string provided by Validation that does not match the
nomenclature in the LOOKUP Table. (Validation returns REF# = '1-4" tube' or
REF# = '2-4" tubes'. But the LOOKUP lists 4")

I can deal with the quantities (1 or 2) elsewhere, but I need help in
figuring out how to modify the 'B17' component

Thanks.

Mike