Debra Dalgleish

Laurent Longre created a formula that lets you work with visible rows
after a filter. For information see, Power Formula Technique in this
article at John Walkenbach's web site:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/eee/eee001.txt

For example, to sum cells in column E, where column D contain the value
"Pass", after a filter on another column, you could use the
following, where there are no blank cells in those rows in column A:

=SUMPRODUCT((D2:D200="Pass")*(E2:E200)*(SUBTOTAL(3 ,OFFSET(A2:A200,ROW(A2:A200)-MIN(ROW(A2:A200)),,1))))

Justin Sadowski wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that contains an attendance list of courses over the
last 5 years offered through a healthcare facility. I am applying a filter
that filters by course title, date, and status (pass, fail, cancel...). Is
there a way of setting up a count function to count each cell that contains
the text "pass?" Then I want the formula to be applied to each subsequent
filter. How can I do this?

Thank you

--
Debra Dalgleish