Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
alexrs2k alexrs2k is offline

Default Vlookup to cope with duplicates

Hi.
You could use this conditional formatting formula to highlight the
duplicates on a column, in this case column A.
Go to Format-Conditional Formatting-Condition1, choose Formula Is, and
paste this formula:
=IF(COUNTIF($A:$A,A1)=1,FALSE,NOT(COUNTIF($A$1:A1, A1)=1))
--
Alex
*Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you. Thank you!

"KayeNightingale" wrote:

We have a list of Books; each Book has a Unique ISBN Number but,
unfortunately the same Book can be listed twice so we are struggling to write
a suitable VLOOKUP formula.

The VLOOKUP correctly finds the first occurence of an entry with that ISBN
number but how can we deal with finding the next occurence of the same ISBN
number?

There are 5000 rows of data and a lot of duplicates so this is causing a
huge amount of manual editing each Quarter.

Can anyone else please?
KayeNightingale