Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
~genevieve[_2_] ~genevieve[_2_] is offline

Default Connecting a master sheet to other sheets within the same workbook

Hello,

I have been trying to figure this one simple question (or not so simple)
out. Is it possible to tie information contained on a master sheet within one
Excel workbook to a different sheet in the same workbook?

For example, I have a master list with both the year 2009 and 2010 in it and
I want to make it so that if information typed into this master list contains
either 2009 or 2010 it goes to that specific sheet. So far, I have been
filtering by year and manually cutting and pasting the information into the
respective sheets.

Is it possible to program Excel to automatically recognize this in the
workbook? If so, all I need is the terminology used for this command and I
can figure it out from there!

If anyone happens to know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks