Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ash3154 ash3154 is offline

Default Data Validation - refers to the values of 2 cells

Hi Bernie,

I already have data in F6, All I would like is a message box which shows the
values of D6,F4.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Choose "List" as your option and select F100:F101 in the range selector box.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"ash3154" wrote in message
Thanks Bernie --
I am in cell F6 -- I click on Data Validation, click input message, under
input message box I type in =f100:f101: What I like to do is to show the
values of cells f100 and 101 when I click on F6. Is that even possible?

( Right now I get a message box with =f100:F101)

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

You cannot use a union as the source of a list, so I would simply
reference both cells somewhere
else, say =F4 in cell F100 and =D6 in cell F101 and then use F100:F101 as
the DV list source. You
can then copy those cells across the sheet as needed.

--
HTH,
Bernie

"ash3154" wrote in message
How would I insert in my input box of data validation the values of
cells D6
and F4

basically if the user clicks on a cell F6 I want it to reference f4 and
d6
if they are in cell f8 I would like it to reference f4 and d8
if they are in cell ax106 I would like to refernece ax4 and d106... so
on.